Friday, December 17, 2010

Perspective: What would your final words be?


Ed White, the first spacewalker. He let go. He came back. Some don't.
(All NASA images are in the public domain, with some rights reserved. NASA [image S65-30431]).


I know of a man who is in surgery for his brain, right now as I write this post. His name is Brent. They do not know if he will make it out of surgery. They are removing a mass and they do not know the extent of the problem. I do not know this man personally, but I know of him. I am thinking of him. You should be, too.

A few hours ago, with complete mental acuity, he wrote this to his young sons:

It is very early (4AM) and God is at work! I wanted to just take a few moments to let you know how much I love each one of you! You have each made me the happiest dad in the entire world. I am reminded in (Mark 1:11) when Jesus was baptized out of obedience and respect for HIS Father and an audible voice was heard from the heavens when he came up out of the water. "This is my son, in whom I am well pleased."

This morning I now realize the amount of love that a father can have for his sons and all of their accomplishments, victories and yes even defeats. Therefore, I too echo those words from the mountain top - "YOU ARE MY SONS, IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED!"

We were never called to walk a faithless simple life but a life full of abundance and grace that only God can give. This morning, dad will leave for the hospital without any fear of the unknown, and expect miracles to happen. NO MATTER the outcome of the procedure or the diagnosis, GOD IS IN CONTROL and HE will be Praised!

Do me a favor, the next few days will be very difficult for your mom. Pray for her. Love her. Hug her. Obey her. She is truly the love of my life! We will all need each other over the coming days, but she will need you even more over the next few days.

Below is one of my favorite verses is this:

Hebrews: 8:38-39
[sic. Romans 8:38-39.]

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.


No Fear, Jesus Never Fails,

Dad




Question: If you had to write your final words right now, what would they be?